How do you scroll the Standard Device Models window on an iPad?

When choosing say a standard library opamp, I double click the opamp on the schematic, and the device model parameter window opens with a list on the left of standard devices that you pick, and the parameters load into the database fields. I can't scroll the Device Library list though. I tried both 1 and 2 finger touch scrolling but I couldn't get it to scroll. When I use two fingers, the schematic below the open database window scrolls. When I use one finger and move my finger up or down, it doesn't scroll, it just stays on the item you selected.

by pgoodwin1
December 02, 2013

Note - I'm talking about when in the schematic editor

by pgoodwin1
December 02, 2013

What platform?

What OS?

What browser?

:)

by signality
December 02, 2013

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3, Safari browser (latest for this iOS)

by pgoodwin1
December 02, 2013

Note - the device library is working; picking among the ones I can see changes the parameters in the database fields. I just can't scroll down past what's visible, no scroll bars visible and swiping isn't functioning.

by pgoodwin1
December 02, 2013

Note - I was able to create a custom device and it shows up at the top of the device model list, and it works. It may already be in the standard model list (OPA227). I couldn't scroll down to see if it was. Everything else I tried seems to be working fine, at least everything that I've tried. I have the Hackers Lite version. It's an awesome program for a great price.

by pgoodwin1
December 02, 2013

Note - the Firefox Mercury browser for the iPad behaves the same for this scrolling issue.

by pgoodwin1
December 11, 2013

Apparently this problem still exists today???? iPad Air 2 iOS 8.3 Obvioulsy this should be fixed by now ?

by Hsj
August 26, 2015

Same problem here: can't reach the op-amps models which are not visible in the window at first.

by amundsen
August 26, 2015

I think this is a pretty PC centric application. I still get warning messages on my Mac in Safari about it not being a compatible browser. I doubt we'll see fixes for the iPad and Mac Safari issues, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

by pgoodwin1
August 26, 2015

IPad 2 with iOS. 7.1.2 is the same as it was with 6.1.3 except I get more app quits when I'm editing a schematic. I literally have to save after every edit for fear of losing changes.

by pgoodwin1
August 26, 2015

Hi guys/gals Thanks for the info. For people not yet using circuit lab you should know that latest versions of safari,chrome, and opera all have this problem (on iPad anyway). my guess is that when the component window is shown the programmer failed to change the window focus . A pretty trivial thing to fix. Anyway it works fine on MacBook Pro. There is a scroll bar that shows up as part of the window. By the way Tina cloud is also next to unusable On iPad Air (many bugs that make it difficult to actually do what you want). But Tina cloud also seems to work well with MacBook Pro.

by Hsj
August 26, 2015

Thanks Hsj. I get pretty reliable operation on my mid-2010 iMac running OS 10.9.5. I get the browser warning but I haven't really seen that many issues with it. Too bad the iPad issues can't be fixed because I like using the iPad at different locations.

by pgoodwin1
August 26, 2015

By the way, how do we know when there's a bug fix/upgrade ?

by amundsen
August 27, 2015

I assume that a bug fix would be announced by circuit lab on this forum. The window focus"bug" I refer to appears to be a bug because when you try to scroll the background (on which the component window sits )actually scrolls. So scrolling works it's just that the wrong window is selected for the scroll but like I said that's a guess..

by Hsj
August 27, 2015

Still not fixed Now it is 2022 and I can’t make circuit lab work on my iPad Pro 2019 model. I can’t drag the components. I can’t see proper training about this.
I’ll try it with chrome rather than safari.! I’m probably going to cancel my subscription and ask for a refund. I never saw such a bad service from USA software. Shame on you.

by barjammar
July 16, 2022

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.