Sweeping multiple parameters

Is there any way to sweep multiple parameters in the same simulation? For example, to make a Bode plot of an EQ with both treble and bass controls being adjusted. If not, is there any way to compile the results of multiple simulations onto one plot in order to have the same effect?

by dhones
November 07, 2013

You can do this by setting up a parameter to adjust both the treble and bass controls simultaneously.

By creating expressions using this parameter to control both potentiometer k values or resistances and then sweeping the parameter in the simulation, both sets of values will change.

You can select the parameter to sweep in the same way as any other component value or parameter in a sim. Any user defined parameters in a sim will appear listed in the sweep parameter selection box in the same way that R and C values etc., will appear when you click in the box.

by signality
November 08, 2013

Thanks for your reply. This is exactly what I was looking for once I figured out how to do it.

by dhones
November 08, 2013

Sorry for digging up an old thread. Can anyone explain this a bit more thoroughly? Better yet - does anyone have a template with this already in place? I don't see what is meant by "create an expression using the parameter control". Are there any templates handy that have this in place already by chance?

by wampcat
February 02, 2021

Hi @wampcat,

When referring to a parameter here folks are referring to the parameter element you can find in the toolbox. Just scroll down to the unsorted elements section. If you drag that element onto your schematic, you can then use that variable in the values of your components.

See this circuit Here I have set the parameter x=0 in the schematic, and then set R1 k=x and R2 k=1-x. These equations can be arbitrarily complex, so this feature can be very useful if you learn to use it.

On the DC Sweep Simulation tab you can see how I sweep x from 0 to 1. This means R1 sweeps from 0-1, and R2 is sweeping from 1-0.

Does that make sense?

by hevans
February 02, 2021

Thanks for your replay @Hevans. Yes, makes more sense... however, what do I put in the Parameter box under "sweep parameter"? Image: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_n5K9tN1pjXoz0V9fw0evz8C90ffq7Ks/view?usp=sharing

by wampcat
February 02, 2021

Here's a quick example circuit: I'd like to simulate the sweep through both the "Treble"and "bass" pots.

by wampcat
February 02, 2021

You can see the DC Sweep I have set up in the circuit I linked you earlier.

In my case its just x. Since that is the parameter I chose.

by hevans
February 02, 2021

@Hevans I see now! Thanks, very much appreciated.

by wampcat
February 02, 2021

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.