Wien Bridge Oscillator

I place a Wien Bridge Oscillator circuit, and it doesn't oscillate. What a wien bridge oscillator does is it amplifies noise, puts amplified noise back in the inverting end of the op-amp, and also uses a lag-lead circuit to select a frequency from the noise and puts that in the non-inverting end of the op-amp. But, when I simulate it, nothing oscillates nor amplifies.

by bill.balling
June 21, 2012

If you would like to publicise your circuit maybe we could offer some suggestions.

In the meantime looking around these may help:

These run but have no amplitude control and no supply rail limits:

whilst:

has amplitude control (takes ages to run)

Suspect you have one or more of:

i) simulation time too short and it's not started oscillating yet;

ii) oscillation not starting and needs a supply or input transient to kick it into life;

iii) your time steps too large (at least 100 times smaller than sim time, preferrably 1k times smaller).

:)

by signality
June 21, 2012

It was (i). Thank for helping me.

by bill.balling
June 21, 2012

Deep joy.

If you search CL tags for 'initial-conditions' and 'oscillator-startup' you'll find several ideas on how to kick circuits into life sooner rather than later.

by signality
June 22, 2012

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.

Go Ad-Free. Activate your CircuitLab membership. No more ads. Save unlimited circuits. Run unlimited simulations.

About CircuitLab

CircuitLab is an in-browser schematic capture and circuit simulation software tool to help you rapidly design and analyze analog and digital electronics systems.