How to Create a 220V,50 Hz source ? SOLVED

Can some one advise me as to how to Create a 220V,50 Hz source using circuit lab ?.I am studying Power factor of some circuits.

Thanks. V.I.G.Menon

by vigmenon
December 25, 2012

Here's one way:

by khauser
December 25, 2012

Thanks Mr.Hauser ! It was nice.I tried, it is working well,but the power level required for the "signal" (as an A/C source) is about 3 KW....

Would indeed be a help to learn how to ensure the A/C "input power" at 3KW (or higher) ..

Thanks

by vigmenon
December 25, 2012

@vigmenon,

The circuit @khauser has posted is for an ideal voltage source. In simulation, it will deliver any power you want. Try it with a load resistor to see what I mean.

Then try it with a reactive load (an inductor, capacitor or combination of RLC as a load) and monitor both the voltage at the Test node and the current drawn through the voltage source to see the phase difference between the voltage and the current waveforms.

Then try running a Frequency Domain SImulation to see this behaviour in terms of a frequency response (Bode Plot).

Have a read of:

https://www.circuitlab.com/docs/

and:

https://www.circuitlab.com/forums/modeling-and-simulation/topic/vsuz86e2/another-question-about-ac-analysis-with-multiple-sources/#comment_3564

to help understand how to set up a Frequency Domain Simulation because CL has just updated how the sources work.

However, are you saying that you want a practical circuit for a real power supply?

by signality
December 26, 2012

Also, Mr. Hauser was my father! Call me Kevin

by khauser
December 26, 2012

Thanks Kevin ! Thats lot of help !

by vigmenon
December 26, 2012

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.

Go Ad-Free. Activate your CircuitLab membership. No more ads. Save unlimited circuits. Run unlimited simulations.

About CircuitLab

CircuitLab is an in-browser schematic capture and circuit simulation software tool to help you rapidly design and analyze analog and digital electronics systems.