CircuitLab models of crystals

I've tried to use the crystal symbol in my simulations with no luck. I can model a crystal with the standard Rm,Lm,Cm & Co 4 parameter circuit model and get things to behave properly, but not when I simply use the built in crystal icon. Any one else experienced issues with the built-in crystal model?

by RDHam
July 09, 2026

I now understand the crystal icon is symbolic only, not modeled. I am now successfully modeling crystals with the 4-parameter model, so no need for a reply.

by RDHam
July 10, 2026

Thank you, oftdiscreet, for your reply to my earlier query. I have finally been able to crawl up the learning curve enough to get the 4-element crystal model to do what I expect. I now realize the crystal symbol in the component sidebar is just a graphical placeholder with no intrinsic model attached. The Bode-plot-based frequency domain analyses agree nicely with what theory would predict when using the 4-element model, so I'm 'off to the races' as they say. Thanks, again, for your thoughtful response. I truly am enjoying 'polishing up' some of my long forgotten analog design skills using CIrcuitLab.

by RDHam
July 17, 2026

No Answers

No answers yet. Contribute your answer below!


Your Answer

You must log in or create an account (free!) to answer a question.

Log in Create an account


Go Ad-Free. Activate your CircuitLab membership. No more ads. Save unlimited circuits. Run unlimited simulations.

Search Questions & Answers


Ask a Question

Anyone can ask a question.

Did you already search (see above) to see if a similar question has already been answered? If you can't find the answer, you may ask a question.


About This Site

CircuitLab's Q&A site is a FREE questions and answers forum for electronics and electrical engineering students, hobbyists, and professionals.

We encourage you to use our built-in schematic & simulation software to add more detail to your questions and answers.

Acceptable Questions:

  • Concept or theory questions
  • Practical engineering questions
  • “Homework” questions
  • Software/hardware intersection
  • Best practices
  • Design choices & component selection
  • Troubleshooting

Unacceptable Questions:

  • Non-English language content
  • Non-question discussion
  • Non-electronics questions
  • Vendor-specific topics
  • Pure software questions
  • CircuitLab software support

Please respect that there are both seasoned experts and total newbies here: please be nice, be constructive, and be specific!

About CircuitLab

CircuitLab is an in-browser schematic capture and circuit simulation software tool to help you rapidly design and analyze analog and digital electronics systems.