Logitech V220 Wireless Mouse

I am using a Logitech V220 wireless mouse. It works OK with CircuitLab under Windows 7, but not under Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS. Holding down the control key (on the keyboad) and dragging does not work under Linux. I need to work in Linux. I hope someone can tell me what to do.

by gcaplan
June 15, 2013

Sounds like a browser/CL compatibility problem not a mouse/Ubuntu compatibility problem.

Need more info.

What browser & version are you using?

Does Ctrl+mouse drag work in other apps?

What are you using Ctrl+mouse to drag?

Which mouse button?

Dragging what in which window?

Does it work with a wired mouse?

by signality
June 16, 2013

Yes, I see what you mean about broswer/CL compatibilty. The browser is Firefox ver. 21.0. I will do some tests and send answers to the other questions. Thank you.

by gcaplan
June 16, 2013

Try Chromium and/or Chrome?

by signality
June 16, 2013

BTW, CL runs fine for me in Chrome Version 26.0.1410.63 and Firefox 21 using the trackpad on my Toshiba Satellite L500 running Kubuntu 12.04.

I do notice however that Firefox is much slower than Chrome to follow Ctrl_right mouse drag in the Editor window.

by signality
June 16, 2013

The video tutorial says something like, "Hold control while you drag to pan around." Here's what I have found. If I push down on the scroll wheel, which is also the middle mouse button, I can then pan around the grid. If I hold down control while I do that, I can sometimes pan around, but sometimes the screen just zooms way in. The only USB wired mouse I have is a Logitech "marble mouse" tack ball, which has only two buttons. Somewhere, I have some wired RS-232 mice and I think some PS/2 mice, but finding one and connecting it would be difficult. I'd prefer not use Chromium, but I will try it.

by gcaplan
June 16, 2013

Here's more info: OK. I have tried Chromium. (BTW, How do I find out what version of Chromium I have? The "Help" command does not tell me.) I still need to hold down the scroll wheel/button to pan around the grid, but the panning seems a little faster and smoother. If I hold down CTRL and the scroll wheel/button, panning is OK, but if I release CTRL first, the screen zooms out continuously until I release the scroll wheel/button.

by gcaplan
June 16, 2013

"How do I find out what version of Chromium I have?"

In Chromium: top right of window > three horizontal bars (the exactly equals sign in maths) > About Chromium.

by signality
June 16, 2013

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.

Go Ad-Free. Activate your CircuitLab membership. No more ads. Save unlimited circuits. Run unlimited simulations.

About CircuitLab

CircuitLab is an in-browser schematic capture and circuit simulation software tool to help you rapidly design and analyze analog and digital electronics systems.