Is Nerdkits Dead?

I don't know if this is an appropriate question for this forum or not, but I was wondering if the Nerdkits "companion" site is officially dead or not. I read the blog post about the server crash so maybe it's just a reboot issue but the NK site has been offline for a while now.

by pcbolt
April 11, 2013

Hi pcbolt,

The server crash that took out CircuitLab yesterday also affected NerdKits. We are having a harder time bringing NerdKits back online due to the corruption in the file system, but it is not dead. Hopefully we will have it back up relatively soon.

Humberto

by hevans
April 11, 2013

Thanks Humberto. You da man.

by pcbolt
April 11, 2013

Humberto, any more news, I've tried a couple of times to catch you via e-mail and have had no luck. I'm having NerdKit Forum Withdrawls... :D

by Rick_S
April 16, 2013

Looks like the site is partially back now... No forums, libraries, or members area yet. The store is also reporting MySQL errors. Must have hit your database hard.

by Rick_S
April 17, 2013

Looks like the NK site is back up and 100% Figured I'd post a status update in case anyone is interested :)

by Rick_S
April 22, 2013

Humberto - Is there any assurance that customers who have not received their nerdkits will be refunded? Or can we have access to the member's area while we wait? We have purchased the kit and it isn't here yet. Any communication would be appreciated. Thanks!

by nyashagracious
April 26, 2013

Apparently, they still are having major issues over there. A fellow NK friend can't even log in and I can't post any more. I don't know what's going on because they don't seem to want to talk about it any more. They don't answer emails (I've sent a few) and other than at the beginning of this thread, they haven't even responded here or posted a message on their main page.

We the NK members turned their project into the community, and help base, it became. Over the last year and a half, we the members supported new members in their ventures and answered most of their questions with virtually no input from the NK staff. Essentially doing their support for them. Now, we feel as though the backs have been turned on us. It's a shame, I really enjoyed that community and the like minded relationships I built there.

Rick

by Rick_S
April 26, 2013

Hi all,

We are slowly getting all our system back online. @Rick_S, at this point the forums should be working for you again. At this point only the Library should still be down.

@nyashagracious the server crash not only affected our website, but also our shipping system, and our email system. You will be notified as soon as your NerdKit ships.

Humberto

by hevans
April 26, 2013

Just curious as to how much of the forum you lost? I tried to bring up a couple of my old threads so I could archive them myself... (My LED array write ups) and the 2 part build tutorial I posted shows blank pages. The post with my full version of the modified software still displays though.

by Rick_S
April 27, 2013

Never mind, for some reason the search link didn't seem to work, but a link from within one of my later posts did... Must have just been some sort of glitch or search error...

by Rick_S
April 27, 2013

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.