Bug: no useful output plot for short time steps

Description: in a number of my models of a three phase powerline, if I set the time step to less than 10us, no useful output is plotted or exported as CSV text.

How to reproduce: run the model below at 10us time step (works fine) then at 1us time step (no useful output).

Model:

My system details: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit (patched up to date),Mozilla Firefox 28.0.

The presence of negative values of mutual capacitance in the model is not thought to be related to the bug - other models with such capacitances run OK and the simulation of negative mutual capacitances has been verified against hand-calculated results. I can provide further details of this testing if required.

by MCPL
March 28, 2014

Hi. I'm curious about what response from the CL team I should expect when people post a bug report here. I posted this one two weeks ago and the response so far is nil, not even an acknowledgement. Did I leave out something in the way I posted it? This is a 'support' forum, right?

by MCPL
April 11, 2014

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.

Go Ad-Free. Activate your CircuitLab membership. No more ads. Save unlimited circuits. Run unlimited simulations.

About CircuitLab

CircuitLab is an in-browser schematic capture and circuit simulation software tool to help you rapidly design and analyze analog and digital electronics systems.