I am trying to repair a motorola moto g play cell phone. It suddenly went dead. I have disassembled the phone and removed the battery and motherboard. The battery appears fine it takes and holds a charge and lights a 6 volt bulb. When I measure resistance from battery + terminal to ground I get approx 1 meg ohm and reducing suggesting capacitors are being charged. If I then connect the battery( 3.8 volts) nothing appears to happen but if I then disconnect the battery the resistance from battery + terminal to ground shows a short. After about 10 mins doing nothing the short disappears !. Is this a faulty capacitor ? How might I identify the suspect device ?
Thanks for any help and Happy New Year. Tony
January 16, 2020
the 6 volt bulb lighting up means battery OK. The short is actually a capacitor discharging via your ohm meter. The defect may be hidden deep in the electronics
January 22, 2020
No answers yet. Contribute your answer below!
Anyone can ask a question.
Did you already search (see above) to see if a similar question has already been answered? If you can't find the answer, you may ask a question.
CircuitLab's Q&A site is a FREE questions and answers forum for electronics and electrical engineering students, hobbyists, and professionals.
We encourage you to use our built-in schematic & simulation software to add more detail to your questions and answers.
Please respect that there are both seasoned experts and total newbies here: please be nice, be constructive, and be specific!
CircuitLab is an in-browser schematic capture and circuit simulation software tool to help you rapidly design and analyze analog and digital electronics systems.
|New @ CircuitLab|