Bug Report: Can’t stop plotting results, blocks browser and OS

My Safari (5.1.8) isn’t officially supported but basically CL works here like a charm.

Thus I guess this problem does not depend on the used browser, in fact it may point at a structural issue in the JavaScript code.

Investigating a circuit from @collinstocks in the TDS I made a mistake with the sweep parameter (Step), resulting in too many circular loops. The solver started and I left to grab a coffee. When I came back at 20% (500”+) I realized the mistake so I’ve “Cancel”ed the process, the Solver stopped. Then the Plotter started, I tried the “X” to stop it , but it did not react, next my browser struggled and finally was completely blocked, after 60 seconds OS X (10.6.8) struggled (CPU at 2x 4% only) and it seems I was out of memory, swapping to HDD. I managed to close the circuit’s tab but the browser did not come back to normal, OS X had severe problems with task switching. Finally I had to force quit Safari’s Web Content to recover.

Here is the circuit to test with:

Both, the “Cancel” and the “X” must always react and stop the action.

This problem may be related to the issue I’ve reported here:

https://www.circuitlab.com/forums/support/topic/b8r5t99p/problem-cant-stop-solver-in-tds/

Regards, Sancho

by Sancho_P
April 05, 2013

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.

Go Ad-Free. Activate your CircuitLab membership. No more ads. Save unlimited circuits. Run unlimited simulations.

About CircuitLab

CircuitLab is an in-browser schematic capture and circuit simulation software tool to help you rapidly design and analyze analog and digital electronics systems.