Move plot out of sight

When using CL I’d really like to have the (e.g. transient) analysis plot on an extra browser tab (here: Safari) because it is very inconvenient to see only schematic or plot.

It seems I can’t pan the plot out of sight either?

Is there a workaround for it?

Regards, Sancho

by Sancho_P
September 30, 2012

Aaaaaaahhhhhhh, found the button -

I’m using Safari 5.1.7, so this might be odd only here, but all other things in the GUI work here as expected:

When I draw (“Build”) a circuit, the button “Build” seems to be dimmed (grey).

When hovering above it, the mouse pointer will change to the pointing finger (like “click me”), but a click will end without result (OK, I’m already in “Build”), - just the pointer is wrong.

In contrast, the “Simulate” button is somewhat white, with a light blue text, I get the pointing finger and click: Changing to the simulation panel (accordion).

Now, in “Simulation”, the button “Build” is white with blue text and the “Simulate” is dimmed (also with the false pointing finger cursor but no response).

Now I run e.g. time-domain simulation and suddenly another button “Transient Analysis” is to be seen additionally.

Only the “Build” is white now, the new button is dimmed, grey, so I’ve never tried to click it. Instead I wanted to move the plot away to see my schematic.

Clicking the “Build” takes me back but destroys the plot, so this is ...

However, now I click the dimmed button: Surprise, the plot is gone and the schematic is visible, together with the simulation - accordion.

And the - before dimmed - button “Transient Analysis” is white (blue text) as is the “Build” button, this new button brings back the plot:

Suuuuuuper, this is exactly what I wanted, to quickly jump back and forth between circuit and plot.

Issue solved.

But now I have two “suggestions” ;-) :

a) Fix that dimmed button and text problem. The text could be “Hide plot” and “show plot”, but I can’t think of a single good text for “toggle plot off / on”.

b) Check if there is any word regarding this simple but super feature (I did not see it) in the documentation.

(I’ll send this as a bug report, too).

Regards, Sancho (I don’t see how to “Solve” the thread?)

by Sancho_P
October 02, 2012

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.