how to calculate the total energy of the system SOLVED

Hi @mrobbins I wanted to know how it can be done to have a calculation of the total energy of the system, since it is a closed loop, and because of Kirchoff's Laws, the energy has to be conserved.

You should be able to see the sum of the energies in the passive elements equals the energy delivered by the source. The law of conservation of energy must be obeyed in any electric circuit. For this reason, the algebraic sum of power in a circuit, at any instant of time, must be zero. This again confirms the fact that the total power supplied to the circuit must balance the total power absorbed.

If I calculate the integral of the power in R, I get the energy in R If I calculate the integral of the power in C, I get the energy in C But although it shows me the power in VCC, it does not calculate the area under the power curve, nor did the laplace 1 / s block perform the corresponding integration, giving the wrong output (in my opinion).

I cannot understand what I am seeing in the graph, in relation to the conservation of energy, because the graph says other different thing

Thank you very much for your attention. Best regards.

https://www.circuitlab.com/editor/#?id=4rvctdu4dp5s

by luis_presso
August 04, 2021

It was resolved by dividing the analysis, on the one hand only in time, and on the other hand, analysis only with Laplace blocks.

by luis_presso
August 11, 2021

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.