Reusing parts.

I have a circuit with 3 different types of transistors in it. I dug up spice models and entered all 15 parameters for each of those 3 transistors.

How do I make a new circuit that uses those 3 transistors without having to enter 45 parameters over again?

Thanks. J

by jasonc
July 15, 2012

Hi Jason, we haven't released our parts library yet. For now, the easiest way to re-use components is to copy+paste, which works between different browser tabs. (You could also make a single sheet with all of your custom parts and use it as a "library" of your own, or even make it public so others can re-use your models!)

by mrobbins
July 15, 2012

I tried that first. I am unable to copy and paste between browser tabs (Chrome, Windows 7, latest version as of 16-july-2012).

by jasonc
July 16, 2012

Hi Jason,

That's quite odd. Cross tab copy/paste is working fine in our computers in our office.

When you copy or paste an element you should see a little blue message box near the top center of the screen that says 'Copied/Pasted N elements'. Do you see that message when you copy or paste?

It is possible that the part is being pasted off the screen on the grid. After you paste try clicking Edit -> Zoom To Fit, and see if it zooms out to include the newly pasted part.

If anybody else is experiencing this problem please chime in so we can get it resolved.

by hevans
July 16, 2012

It is working now, but it definitely was not before. I was also experiencing other strange problems, like objects being drawn at an offset from where they really were, or suddenly jumping to far off corners of the workspace -- maybe something else broke and it affected copy+paste. I'll let you know if it happens again and I'll pay attention to what I did this time.

by jasonc
July 16, 2012

I'd like to suggest that CL sheets created to be used - in effect- as libraries should have a unique tag added to them to make them easier to find in a search.

Something like library or user-library.

Maybe add the same words to the sheet name too.

by signality
December 14, 2012

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.