208V Circuit Simulation

How do I simulate a 208V phase to phase circuit? I would like to calculate the voltage at each node in my drawing 25430-AB. I tried using the voltage function generator but I'm not sure what to put as the amplitude or how to show the voltage at each node. If I do a DC calculation with an ideal voltage source I believe it basically ignores the inductors.

by Ryken2.0
December 10, 2013

To save people having to find and then rummage about on your workbench, please paste a link to your circuit into your post using the CL Link & Share feature.

The amplitude of Sine, Triangle etc. voltage sources in CL is the peak swing. So setting a sinewave source to 1V will generate a 0.7071V rms sinewave. It will have a 2V peak to peak swing.

If you wan to run a time domain simulation then set up the Time Domain simulation parameters. Try a start time = 0, stop time = 200m, step tim = 2m to begin with.

Don't forget that it may take the circuit a while to settle so you may need to try a similar time duration but with a start time of say 500m so you'll need a stop time of 700m.

To probe voltages click on the net labels or the wires them selves when you are setting up the simulation control panel.

You can enter expressions to say multiply a probed voltage by 2, to subtract two voltages or divide a voltage by a current to display a resistance.

Keep an eye on the on-screen messages: they can be quite helpful but they don't always hang around too long.

And yes, a DC sim treats inductors as having only their internal resistance and capacitors as open circuits.

by signality
December 11, 2013

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.