need help - spot welder

for a school project i am making a spot welder but i dont know how to make a safe circuit. will it be possible for some one to make one for me and explane how it works. thx just dont explane how the transformer works.

by ipelengmotsatsi
March 11, 2013

If you're going to design a spot welder, you're going to be dealing high levels of current. If you are not familiar with circuits and how to factor in critical safety considerations, you could be exposing yourself to potentially lethal currents. I would highly recommend a project which uses minimal current. Good Luck.

by Ghassan2578
March 12, 2013

i totally agree with Ghas but if ur set on building one ... http://www.instructables.com/id/MOT-spot-welder/ i DO NOT claim any responsibility for ANY harm caused

by djsnowman06
March 12, 2013

i know the danger its just for my year 11 school projet we are doing for the year

by ipelengmotsatsi
March 13, 2013

cool well have fun ... dont die lol

by djsnowman06
March 13, 2013

Post a Reply

Please sign in or create an account to comment.

Go Ad-Free. Activate your CircuitLab membership. No more ads. Save unlimited circuits. Run unlimited simulations.

About CircuitLab

CircuitLab is an in-browser schematic capture and circuit simulation software tool to help you rapidly design and analyze analog and digital electronics systems.